As my practical piece of work I’m planning to do a magazine article. The magazine I’m specifically going to look at and take examples from is ‘Chat’. ‘Chat’ is a simple made magazine which provides true stories of normal people’s lives, so my story is to be a true story as well. The target audience of this magazine is women; most of the women reading this magazine are the women in middle/older age. However, once a while story from this magazine gets more popular than this. Young people also have a chance to read this magazine, as their mothers/grandmothers buy it. If the story covers something about their life, they are more likely to read the article, talk about it to their friends, which makes a snowball effect. I have chosen ‘Chat’ because I think I will be better doing magazine, rather than a newspaper. The layout of magazine is much easier to do and more interesting to read, rather than a big A2 page newspaper. I have also chosen ‘Chat’ because this magazine is more likely to come up with a story I’m planning to write. To make this article I’ll have to use Mac computers at college.
The main title of my critical investigation is: How do media create the representation of Muslims? So, what I’m planning to include in my magazine article is to make an interview with young Muslim girl, which has been bullied at school because of the fact that she is a Muslim. The interviewer is going to ask the young Muslim to talk about the story of how she was treated at school, how she felt about it, and what a tragedy had to happen to make ‘the mean girls’ of this story realize that Muslims aren’t any worse than them. I’m planning to show her story in a really emotional way, so a broad amount of people will be more likely to change their view on Muslims too. I will try to make this article look as much as alike to the ‘Chat’ magazine as possible, I will try to use the same language as they use, which is a pretty simple language, because most of the people reading this article are working class people. However, I will try to reach as big audience as teenagers are. I will reach this audience because people like to read whatever they’re interested in, and teenagers are usually and only interested in their teenager life. To fulfil this article, I will take to pictures of my friend wearing as a Muslim girl. I will write and ask my friend to sign a ‘Model Release Form’ so that she knows what I’m going to use these images for. I will try to get a similar looking kind of dress that young Muslim woman would wear. The pictures that I’m going to take will be of her crying, studying, being upset at school and being friendly outside the school. I will also try to take a picture of mean looking girls just to compare these girls to the Muslim girl. I will try to show, that Muslim girls aren’t much different than normal girls, and for sure: they aren’t any worse than normal girls. I’m going to make these pictures look real as ‘Chat’ doesn’t provide photography sessions for their ‘writers’ but use images from their own personal albums.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment