Tuesday, 18 October 2011

Coursework research planner, MEST 4

Stereotypical view on religions

Primary texts for analysis:
- It’s a research showing how Hollywood vilifies people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereotypes_of_Arabs_and_Muslims
- Understanding Islam

http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/uiatm/un_islam.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyQYBxela4I
- Global connections webpage (answering some of the stereotypical view questions)http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/globalconnections/mideast/questions/types/index.html
- Stereotypical view on Islam
Planned reading: named books or research directions:
- ‘How Hollywood vilifies a people’ – Jack G. Shaheen
http://ics.leeds.ac.uk/papers/pmt/exhibits/2501/shaheen.pdf~
- A book of religious knowledge – the real outline
http://www.alislam.org/books/religiousknowledge/sec1.html
Web sources named sites or research directions:
- Youtube.com
- e-library (tresham’s)
- http://www.indianexpress.com/news/not-just-a-muslim/786262/0
(a blog of a muslim woman called ‘Not just a Muslim’)
- Wikipedia (stereotypical views on each religion)

PRODUCTION OUTLINE:
My plan for my production is to make an article. Article will include an interview with some celebrity and their stereotypical view/experience about religions. The person that the celebrity will be interviewed with will be really rational, and will persuade the celebrity (with some back-up arguments from my critical investigation) that some of the really stereotypical views on certain religion are wrong.

To make this article I’ll have to use Mac computers at college.

 I will have to look up certain celebrity magazines to see which one suits best for the article I want make. Then, I will look and do research about the ‘outlook’ of this magazine, and make my article in the same way as they’re doing their articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment